Sunday, February 24, 2008

Official Day 7. (actually, day 6. Thanks Vicodin.)

It doesn't feel like a week has gone by, but I guess that's the point of taking narcotic painkillers. (Which are highly unpredictable and work great sometimes and not great other times. Hmpf.)

I'm finding myself very sensitive to smells today. I generally am, but something was being painted in the basement and it's wafted up to the top floor of the house and I feel like my head is going to explode. Ugh. I'm trying not to be frustrated by it. They didn't know it would be so "fumey".

I slept for shit last night, which was the first night that that's happened. I suddenly got all hot and uncomfortable and my Franken McStitchersons were itching and I just couldn't fall asleep. Even with the vicodin. I ended up writing a sort of brilliant multi page e-mail to a friend, so that was cool. But TheNotSleeping wasn't. I put in a bad horror movie, which usually really helps, but instead it just sort of kept me awake and the sounds and light from the TV were pissing me off. I've watched way less movies than I thought I would this week.

I woke up around 7am and tried to be productive. Set up a ticket account for the show I'm producing, returned some e-mails...and then around 8:30 I got hit with the tired stick. Like, not a gentle tap. A full on STICKTOTHEFACE and passed out until about 12:30lunchtime. Then I was awake and alert, then tired and floaty again. I did my exercises (quad stuff, bending stuff, stretching stuff) and felt a little more awake, but needed to lay down again because they wore me out. Sad. I know. The bending exercises suck. And feel weird. Hopefully it'll suck and feel LESS weird after my leg stops immitating a garment on Project Runway.

Could you imagine? Tim Gunn all "Designers (pause), we have (pause) a suprise for you. Your next challenge (pause) is to create a piece using Sarah's Healing Leg as your canvas. You have 10 minutes before the wounds start bleeding uncontrolably. Ohkay...make it work!"

Too bad Santino isn't on the show again. He'd probably like, sew a whole new leg onto the existing one and paint it purple or something. It sort of looks like Christian (from this season) did the stitching...the thread is black...and that's the only color he seems to design with. (oh, SNAP! but seriously, I actually like his designs) I'd probably have to chose Jillian to do it...she'd probably do a perfect job and match my skin tone but add a little whimsey like an embroidered celtic knot or something.

The bruise on my shin is turning more purple, and while I'm excited to get the stitches out and see the doc, I've also never HAD stitches before...so I don't really know what to expect. Hopefully I'll come back here and tell you that I didn't even notice them doing anything and that I got all nervous for nothing. Yeah. That'll be nice.

I'm feeling a little down today. Not sure why. I think it's a combination of being both excited and unsure of how the next week will play out. I feel like I suddenly will have to JUST START DOING THINGS RIGHT NOW GO GO GO again and I think I need people to tell me that life is going to just look different and not "completely" normal for a few more weeks. I just need permission to live in that.

Aww. Here comes my nurse. (Cassie-Moo cow cat) She always makes me feel better.
A friend of mine came over last night and we made a big pillow fort on my bed and watched Bend It Like Beckham. It was one of those movies that I wouldn't be caught dead even thinking about renting, but honestly, even though it was the prime example of a "feel good" movie, I really enjoyed it...some of the dialogue was even snappy and clever at times. Though let's be honest. Kira Knightly (Skinny McWaifsalot from the Pirates movies) doesn't look like a soccer player. In fact, it looks like if she tried to run down a soccer field, she might collapse or fall through one of the holes in the goal net.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: