Friday, November 30, 2007

An Artist's Life.

They prepare you for having a hard time in the biz. Yeah. Ok. I'll give them that.

But what they don't prepare you for is having to watch people around you have things happen IMMEDIATELY while you're busting your ass feeling like you're on a treadmill.

Sorry to sound bitter. I guess it's just one of those days.

faith
Pronunciation: fāth
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural faiths \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
Etymology: Middle English feith, from Anglo-French feid, fei, from Latin fides; akin to Latin fidere to trust — more at bide
Date: 13th century
1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust

I'm working. It's a good thing. I really can't wait to get my hands on a real script again, but I'm working. Pounding the pavement is a good thing. It's a good thing to be doing. We all get there in different ways. It's too early to start doubting what I'm doing, being unhappy with where I'm at, or questioning my decisions up to this point. Woodruff said "don't rush". I'm not rushing. I'm just eager. Faith is a hard thing to have.

I wish I knew just a little more than I know right now. I need a community.

No comments: