Friday, October 5, 2007

Anti-Line.

I didn't spend two years and three months in grad school to stand in a thousand person long line to be seen for cattle call musical audition. Oh, wait. That's right. I didn't go to Julliard so my degree doesn't mean anything. Awesome.
I'm not into the American Idol way of doing things that seems to be ever so popular lately.

I left.

Do I have as much right and chance as anyone else standing there? Yes.
Do I have other ways of getting in the door that are more creative and interesting and less of a waste of my time? Yes.

What is the line between confidence and ignorance? If people tell you something for your whole life, but you suddenly start to have doubts about it, does it mean that they were lying to you? or that your own standards are unrealistic? Sometimes I don't know who or what to trust.

"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place at the right time. Pain sometimes comes; it's part of the process of constantly being born." ~Delenn, Babylon 5

That is all.

No comments: