Monday, March 17, 2008

ChChChChanges.

I guess not really too many Changes, but tomorrow it'll be 1 month post op. Swear to God it feels like years. I think I've forgotten the meaning of the word "cardio" or "sweat".

Oh. Today physical therapy was awesome. Like, my leg is starting to feel like an almost correctly functioning leg. Like the muscles want to do the right thing. They're just thinking about it. But it felt like they were at least trying to see it my way today. So that was nice. WOMBATS told me 140. So, cool, right? A few more degrees this week and then I need to work on getting to the 145 WITHOUT "warming up to it" for an hour. Yeah. That'll be nice. I got on the bike today and rode it for 13 minutes and 30 seconds. At like, an actual quick pace...usually it takes a little while to even get the stupid thing to register that someone's riding it...but today it actually felt sort of good. It was a very good day at PT. Except for that damn hamstring tendon thing. A pox on it!

I painted The Little Apartment That Could yesterday (really? yesterday? holy crap it feels like last week) and probably was up on my feet for way too long. (and standing on chairs and bending and stretching so let's keep that between you and me and not tell my PT Mkay?) Then today after my session I went and lugged a bunch of books up 2 flights of stairs. It took awhile. And my knee sort of hurts like a bitch right now. So, oops. But I also worked it a lot at PT, so it's probably not totally from carrying books. I think I'll take a rest from lugging tomorrow and having someone else do my bidding.

I had my first session with a new personal training client today. I'm too sleepy to go into details, but I will just say that I'm shocked at how warped my perception of "active" is. In my life, being "active" means doing aerial training 5-6 days a week, going to the gym in addition to that at least 4 days, and trying to walk/ride my bike/do pullups on my door bar as much as possible. For my client today, "active" sounds like a half hour session, two days a week. And no exercising on her own.
.
.
.
It just sort of blows my mind.
.
.
.
Anyways.

I wish I had the energy to write. Maybe tomorrow. I don't have clients until the afternoon, for any of the various jobs I'm working.

No comments: